We hope you're enjoying Beyond The Wire so far! The feedback and bug reporting from the community have been a massive help in tracking down these issues and work towards fixes. We appreciate your patience and understanding while we're gathering this feedback and working through critical and game-breaking issues.
In our first post-release hotfix we've addressed issues regarding Simplified Chinese localization, game crashes, Windows 7 players crashing during loading screens, texture quality issues and more! See the full changelog below:
- Fixed Simplified Chinese localization not rendering correctly due to misconfiguration of the fallback font
- Fixed game sometimes crashing when interacting with emplaced weapons
- Fixed game sometimes crashing when entering an emplaced weapon
- Fixed game sometimes crashing when equipping the Gas Mask
- Fixed game sometimes crashing when spawning limbs after player model gets dismembered
- Fixed team damage not being disabled during preparation phase on Frontlines
- Fixed skybox loading additional high-resolution textures
- Fixed landscape textures not loading lower resolution variants
- Fixed Frise ground textures not looking wet on Frise Assault v2
- Disabled loading screen videos for Windows 7 and Windows 8 users due to outdated codecs causing a crash
- Increased connection timeout when joining a server to 7 minutes to help players with slower connections and hard drive
Please keep reporting your issues and problems so we can help deliver the best experience for players.
Stay posted, Soldiers!